Fri Jul 17 2020

Midmark 630 - how/what to test before buying used

I am about to purchase 2 used Midmark 630 chairs and need help in what to look for before committing to buy them. Can someone please share their knowledge and experience on what I should look for and how to properly test these chairs to minimize future problems. Thank you

RE: Power Report Post
Mon Jul 20 2020Reply from Chris-CBET

The 630 is a great chair, except...for a few things.

The foot switches under and along the bottom edge of the chair are highly susceptible to liquids

the foot section is difficult to clean out.

When those switches are damaged, only the back function will work.

Also the over travel switches can be a pain in the butt.

Another major issue is the location of the front connection for a foot control. Housekeeping tends to short this out when mopping, causing loss of functions and annoying control issues. 

You can still get upholstery for it, but not in all colors.

The knob on the head section is flimsy plastic, over tightening will break the plastic, eliminating the ability to secure the head section where you want it.

Those are the only issues I've come across since the 630 was released.

You should be able to find a midmark authorized service company in your area, and parts are still available from midmark and several 3rd party sellers. 

Mon Jul 20 2020Reply from Robert Sulenov

Thanks for the tips Chris. I'll definitely check all of these areas and hopefully the chairs check out. Would you recommend to stay away from 630s after a certain year or it doesn't matter?

Thank you 

Tue Jul 21 2020Reply from Chris-CBET

As long as you cover the foot section with a bag or some type of plastic if your doing anything involving liquid, the 630 is a great chair

Wed Jul 22 2020Reply from Robert Sulenov

We don't use much liquid during our procedures so we should be ok assuming the cleaning personell doesnt' make it a problem... 

Saw the chairs yesterday and they checked out perfectly. They got delivered today and everything functios well. Any recommendations on of what I can do for initial maintenance check?

Thank you

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree