Fri Aug 14 2020

service manual

How to get in the service (maintenance) mode ?

RE: Surgical Laser Report Post
Fri Aug 14 2020Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

The first question is what version of the V-Beam is it? If the original, then you will need a software downloaded onto your computer in order to communicate with the laser via a serial port. If the Perfecta, then you it depends on the software version, but in either case the software is on board the laser. You will need to push and hold the service wrench and enter a code.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Sun Aug 16 2020Reply from Valio

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am not sure about the version but probably it is an original Candela Vbeam because it was  produced in 2000 . Furthermore, the model mentioned on the  back side label states only Vbeam. 

There is no serial port outside. On the control board there is a place for soldering an D9 connector  for  RS 232 but the connector is not installed. The only way to communicate with the laser I found was trough the touch screen but it offers very limited options for controlling the laser. 

Could you please tell me  where to find  the service wrench? I did not manage to find any electrical switch or button on the control board. On the front panel there is only emergency stop button and a start key with 3 positions.

Kind regards,

Valentin

Wed Aug 19 2020Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

I believe you are correct in thinking it is the original vbeam. That being the case the DB9 connector will be at the bottom of the laser in the front beneath the control board. It has a rainbow colored ribbon cable which goes up to the control board and connects to it on the side (upper left-hand corner).

The service wrench is an icon on the screen of the VBeam Perfecta. If you did not see it, then you probably have the original VBeam.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree