Tue Oct 20 2020

Power Output Issue

The bipolar power output is within specs but all monopolar outputs are about half of what they should be. Any ideas on where to look? We tested the unit with the Datrend Vpad RF ESU Analyzer which has the capability of picking up the RF of the ESU. We do not have a footswitch for this unit though and have to use the handswitch.

RE: Electrosurgical Unit (ESU) Report Post
Wed Oct 21 2020Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

This seems to indicate a possible resistance set up.  I pulled the following image from the manual.   Are you testing it with these parameters?

T.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Wed Oct 21 2020Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

I cannot get the image to paste.  Anyhow, 500 ohms for cut and coag, and 200 ohms for Bipolar.

Mon Oct 26 2020Reply from IHS BESS

Yes we are testing to the specs listed in the manual. Our ESU analyzer is in calibration as well. We also validated the resistance with our multimater. The vPadRF ESU analyzer we have is capable of picking up the frequency range of the Ellman unit. Any other ideas? Ellman tech support was not helpful at all.

Mon Oct 26 2020Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

Other ideas...if you have another one of these units, I would test it to see what outputs you get.  If you get the same, then it's probably not with the unit.  If you get different outputs, then you know the questionable machine is out of calibration.  

Mon Oct 26 2020Reply from IHS BESS

Unfortonately we only have one unit. I'm sure the machine is not out of calibration as we have other ESU units that passed their PMs just fine. Thanks for your help.

-CB 

Tue Oct 27 2020Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

No problem.  The only other thing I can see that might be a problem is using the handswitch versus the footswitch.

Fri Nov 06 2020Reply from IHS BESS

Both ways end in the same result. You can jump the footswitch pins on the back of the unit to engage the footswitch. The only other thing I have not tried is using a different hand piece. We will give that a try. 

Thu May 18 2023Reply from GJ TECHNOLOGIES

Dear All,

I am facing the same problem. I request to help me with procedure to increase the power. Thanks in advance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree