Thu Nov 19 2020

high pressure

Hope you can help with this. When I do an autoclave cycle, I sometimes get the message: CYCLE ABORTED DUE TO HIGH PRESSURE CONDITION PRESS STOP TO RESET Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

RE: All Categories Report Post
Fri Nov 20 2020Reply from Ben C
Ben C

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on? 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Fri Nov 20 2020Reply from Chris-CBET

check your bellows or air outlet valve(depending on mfr), you have a component failing to open to bleed out air from the chamber. or you could have a bad pressure sensor, or pcb. if it's not a table top(steris century, 300 series, etc) pressure sensor may need a cal, or you could have a valve not opening. what is the make/model of your unit?

Fri Nov 20 2020Reply from taak_6370

The lab uses a VWR AccuSterilizer AS12. 

Fri Nov 20 2020Reply from taak_6370

I think the outlet valve is at the back of the unit but I don't think anyone has tested to see if this releases and reseals properly (we recently relocated).  I'll give it a go and let you know after the weekend.  I also noticed that a small filter/sieve inside of the sterilization chamber had broken off flush with the surface of the chamber (very back, bottom).  Can these be replaced since I don't want material (cotton) going down this port?  I only have the owner manual for this unit and not a service manual. 

Mon Nov 23 2020Reply from Rescue Biomed
Rescue Biomed

Do you know at what part of the cycle it gets this error? During heatup, sterilization, exhaust, drying, etc?

Rescue Biomed - Autoclave and Exam Table Repair

Mon Dec 07 2020Reply from taak_6370

The Elapsed Time was 33:16.  The Temperature was 131 C.  The pressure was 41 PSI. And it was on an Unwrapped Heating.

Mon Dec 07 2020Reply from Chris-CBET

temp sensor could be dirty or damaged, air bellows might not be opening keeping an air pocket, confusing your temp sensor. @41psi, your temp should be thru the roof. 30psi, 273f is the goal. small 1 or 2 degrees deviation, 1 psi deviation. 

so one of those numbers is wrong.  Do you have aguage or external thermo to verify one of the 2 specs?

Mon Dec 07 2020Reply from taak_6370

We don't have a guage (pressure?) or external thermometer to measure these.  :(

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree