Sun Nov 29 2020

T1 and T3 temperature errors in Beckman Allegra X-12R Centrifuge

hi every one , my machine Allegra X-12 R centrifuge is showing 2 errors i) T1-Temperature error door locks for 45 minutes , see manual ii)T3-Temperature error door locks for 45 minutes , see manual please explain how to fix them

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Mon Nov 30 2020Reply from TRS

The D2 error indicates that more than two driver faults occurred.  T1 indicates that the max temperature exceeds 50deg C.  T3 indicates tha a motor overtemp occurred.

I am assuming that the refrigeration is working, in that, the chamber is cooling.  With that said, I would start off by checking the chamber temperature sensor at ambient temperature.  Turn power off and open the front panel.  Remove P7 on control board for the thermistor.  Connect a VOM across P7 pins 1 and 2.  At 25deg C, you should measure 10K.  At 21deg C, you should measure 11.77K. 

If the refrigeration thermistor measures satisfactory, I would next measure the motor overtemp sensor by removing J11 on the control pcb.  It should measure normally closed.

Next, with the rotor removed, check the motor bearings for smoothness when rotating the motor shaft.  Additionally, there should be no vertical or horizontal shaft play.  Check the motor windings by removing plug J16 on motor driver pcb and measure resistance across any two of the three motor leads...any combination should measure 4ohms.

The errors should clear by depressing "912" and "ce" in that order.  I do not recommend simply clearing the errors without doing this basic troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact Ozark Biomedical at 1-800-457-7576.

Sun Jan 03 2021Reply from Serfraz

please explain this "The errors should clear by depressing "912" and "ce" in that order."

Sun Jan 03 2021Reply from Marc ex-Kidney tech

Press 9 then 1 then 2 and the CE key it clears the error code

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree