Mon Dec 28 2020

Door issue

After the cycle the door gets stuck against the seal. I need to pry it off.... any suggestions to possible issues with this problem?

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Mon Dec 28 2020Reply from Bob@montaquip

New gasket or insufficient vac on gasket retract because s35 or s37

Mon Dec 28 2020Reply from Joe Snowden

A new door gasket is step 1.  Also, verify the steam valve pressurizing the gasket is not leaking by or sticking

Mon Dec 28 2020Reply from EvgenyP

First you have to troubleshoot the problem.

1. If you hear the air flow getting through the door gasket on you pry the door off - there is residual vacuum in the chamber so you have to check the valves, their pipes, etc. or the valves' controls.

2. If you are sure, on you pry the door off, there is no air flow getting through the door gasket as there is no residual vacuum in the chamber, sometimes you might just first wipe the gasket and the relevant chamber surface it touches, to make sure there is no sticky dirt in between. Also there may be a mechanical locking issue to be located.

Tue Dec 29 2020Reply from Matt D.
Matt D.

I just wrested this problem. I have a questions you might want to consider. When was the last time the door seal was replaced, or the door cleaned in the seal contact area? Does the seal retract during that operation? Does the seal seem to be popping out when the door has been setting open? Has S 37 or the seat been replaced recently? Replaced the associated check valves? Do you get moisture in your fresh air in trap? I'm not saying this is the problem with your unit. I would do all these things and it seemed to fix it for a while. Worse case scenario is your steam manifold has some small cracks internally. I replaced the manifold and no problems since. My unit was installed in 1996 and had the original manifold.

Matt D.

Tue Dec 29 2020Reply from Kara Crissman

Hi Joe,
We came across your post about the AMSCO Century Small Steam Sterilizer. We have a dedicated Service Support team who can help. Please provide us with your preferred method of contact or call 1-800-333-8828 for assistance.

Sincerely,

STERIS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree