Mon Feb 08 2021

What to do about error EV13 "Event Log Fault, Log Unpack Failure"?

recently had a Alaris CC Guardrails come down with error EV13, usually we'd just replace the main board. but we recently had end of support for this model of syringe pump. so the usual route of buying a new main board and replacing it is no longer an option. so i'm just wondering does anyone know of a way to revive it? or is it now just a expensive paperweight?

Mon Feb 08 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

One of these companies may be able to assist you:

Elite Biomedical 

Mobile Medical Repair 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 
Email me: info@medwrench.com

Mon Feb 08 2021Reply from atari

No need replace the mainboard, write to me: waltonh@mail.com

Tue Feb 09 2021Reply from KnutAndreas

Reply from atari

No need replace the mainboard, write to me: waltonh@mail.com

I'd rather keep it on the forum if that's fine. kinda the point of forums no? also makes the solution available to anyone else with the same problem in the future. 

also, because it seems like it might become relevant. I'm not in the US. I'm in Norway.

Tue Feb 09 2021Reply from atari

You're right, but these are not public things. I’m a service technician, they can get fired for it if I describe it publicly. Anyway, everything is included in the service manual, search it on google. The solution: Reset and recalibrate

Tue Feb 09 2021Reply from Yasir Burney

Hi,

EV-13 refers to " log pack failure". Use the carefsuion software and update the settings again from a working pump or from backup if you have one. You can also wipe out the settings and than install a new one from the same dpartment. 

You should not perfrom this is you are not trained or have authorisation from your team leader or manager. Ususally there are some scrap pumps in the department which we engineers keep for spare parts. Try using the board from that. 

Check again with carefusion they are very helpful and they might be able to guide in right direction.

please visit: Biomed96

Wed Feb 10 2021Reply from Loey

Have you tried doing a cold start (wipes everything) and reuploading the dataset/config? 

Fri Feb 12 2021Reply from KnutAndreas

Reply from Loey

Have you tried doing a cold start (wipes everything) and reuploading the dataset/config? 

Thanks. Preforming a cold start seems to have worked. 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree