Mon Feb 08 2021

PK Dataset Copy

Hi, I have a question. How to save the dataset from the PK pump and copy it to another PK pump? Thx: waltonh@mail.com

RE: Infusion Pump Report Post
Mon Feb 08 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on? 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Tue Feb 09 2021Reply from Atari
Atari

Alaris PK

Tue Feb 09 2021Reply from Yasir Burney

Hi

There is a vdery easy way of doing it. But before proceeeding I want ot warn you of the following. 

DO NOT do this unless you are trained either by Carefusion or in house. Please note you only do this if you changeed the mianboard or new installation. DO NOT perform this on regular PPM.  Please check the pump you are installing belongs to same department. ( sometimes Theatre and ICU have different settings, so please be careful).

There is teach -Learn option in these pumps. The access code is given in the service manual ( I cant share it here).  You need a data cable and attached at the back of both pumps. Select "TEACH"  option in the pump you want the settings and select " LEARN" in the pump you want to copy these settings. It takes about 3-4 minutes and you are all done. 

Carefusion usually gives you computer software and you can perfrom this thorugh the computer as well. 

Please visit : www.biomed96.co.uk

Wed Feb 10 2021Reply from Atari
Atari

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it doesnt learn the drug list, I would need that. The connection between the two pumps is good (only works with Irda). We have the Alaris PK editor software, but it does not save the drug list from the pump. Thats why I thought it could be copied directly.

Wed Feb 10 2021Reply from Yasir Burney

Hi

DO you have a backup of the pump with drug list> if ys you can do this through USB transfer via computer. You can add the drug list manaully but it will take longer. All you needt to do is follow the steps in service manual. 

Wed Feb 10 2021Reply from Atari
Atari

No backup, that's the problem. We cannot save ( backup ) the drug list with any software that could be copied to the other PK pump.

Wed Feb 10 2021Reply from Loey

Try code 499. I've never had to download a dataset from a pump but the service manual says "499 - Download Data Set from Pump (Guardrails Software enabled Pumps and the Alris PK Syringe Pump)". You'll probably need the RS232 cable and Alaris PK software

Thu Feb 11 2021Reply from Yasir Burney

Enter code 612 after a cold start (code 611). the config and drug section setup will then be available in normal operation or you can upload a dataset as approriate. 

to setup drug libarary use code 251 and set the names of your required drug list. 

NOTE: please be advise that this operation can only be perfom by teachnially trained service engineer or with the authorisation of thier line managers. DONOT perform anything on the pumps if you are not trained. I wont be held accountable if anything goes wrong. The suggested advise is from ALaris PK technical manual 1000MS00001 isuue 10.

Thu Feb 11 2021Reply from Atari
Atari

Loey:   This "Download" function  is so that you can check the dataset with the "Verification Tool", but you cannot save it to a computer

Yasir Burney: 6** code sets dataset to default value (and delete the uploaded dataset), 2** code only for settings.

Thanks for your help, but I can't find a solution, though I should....

Thu Feb 11 2021Reply from Loey

Can you build a dataset using the PK editor and transcribing the values from the verification tool?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree