Mon Feb 22 2021

Removal of flow tubes for cleaning

Hello friends. I am an anesthesia provider, professional engineer (electrical) and am responsible for keeping up anesthesia equipment in a small facility in rural Texas with one OR. We have a Datex Ohmeda Excel 210 anes machine that has accumulated moisture in the 'air' flow tube. While it presents no problem mechanically, it needs to be cleaned. I have performed a cleaning on flow tubes in older machines in the past but not this one. I have a bit of an idea of how to tackle the disassembly on this unit to remove the flow tubes and clean them and the bobbins while I'm at it. Do you have access or reference to a manual. I will do some searching myself but please let me know if you have any tips or reference for this process and I will search as well and post my progress. Cheers, David Jackson 214-244-2912 dejswa@yahoo.com

RE: Anesthesia Gas Machine Report Post
Mon Feb 22 2021Reply from dej

I found the manual. 

Looking into the details of getting to the flow meters.

Mon Feb 22 2021Reply from dej

I found the manual. 

Looking into the details of getting to the flow meters.

Tue Feb 23 2021Reply from dej

OK, my solution. I flushed the air line with liquid butane and the whole thing is now clean. I was looking for a volatile, solvent I could use to flush out and then vaporize. 

OK, my solution. I flushed the air line with liquid butane and the whole thing is now clean. I was looking for a volatile, solvent I could use to flush out and then vaporize. 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree