Wed Feb 24 2021

Door Latches Difficult to Open.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here within the community has ever had any complaints from clinicians about door latches on the Alaris 8100 Infusion Pumps being difficult to open. With and without the IV set in. Is it normal for the pumps to have a little resistance to them as you try to open or close? If you open the doors slow it is difficult to open. If you are quick and kind of flick the latch up the doors open fairly easy. In an older publication from BD it stated though that flicking the latch open is not a safe/recommended practice since it can cause fluid to potentially free flow. At least for the door latches that had a centered sear pin design. It also seems like all the replacement door latches no longer have the set screw adjustment on the Sear and now just have a plastic bump that was cast into the mold during production. So it does not look like it's possible to make any adjustments. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Infusion Pump Report Post
Wed Feb 24 2021Reply from rsiefers

I too have seen this, but in my experience a loose latch pin can cause a similar issue. I routinely tighten up the pin at all repairs and every PM inspection. Sometimes they become loose and a quick tighted fixes the mal-alignment of the latch

I also have found that the "teeth" can become bent either 1 or both,  up, down our inward, and this can cause issues. Check this as well

Good Luck

Wed Feb 24 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

One of these companies may be able to assist:

Elite Biomedical 

Mobile Medical Repair  

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree