Wed Mar 03 2021

Tidal volium mismatch

How to resolve the problem of Tidal volium mismatch between set and deliverd valeo on astiva 5 with 7100 ventilator

RE: Anesthesia Gas Machine Report Post
Wed Mar 03 2021Reply from barkyboy

I would first check the flow sensors. THey are notorious for causing volume mismatches. THey are also very fragile. Look for broken membranes.

Barkyboy
Wed Mar 03 2021Reply from barkyboy

I would first check the flow sensors. THey are notorious for causing volume mismatches. THey are also very fragile. Look for broken membranes.

Barkyboy
Wed Mar 03 2021Reply from Rehman Saleem
Rehman Saleem

Thanks for answering

I have cheked the sensor it was in good condition and also i have put a mew sensor in but still the problem was same

Thu Mar 04 2021Reply from BrentS
BrentS

The inspiratory flow sensor measures the inspired tidal volume and depending on the vent options, etc compensate breath-to-breath the inspired tidal volume delivery to match the user setting.

Tidal volumes and minute ventilation obtained from the expiratory flow sensor are used to detect and alarm on low minute ventilation and apnea. This flow sensor also acts as a safety check to constantly monitor the appropriate volume delivered by the ventilator, and alarms when the expired gas volume varies significantly from the setting. Such variations may be caused by leaks or valve or flow sensor issues.

Basiclly, the inpiratory sensor is what the ventilator checks for the delivered tidal volume. The expiratory sensor measures the expired volume.

If I see a large difference between the two numbers it usually tells me that there is an issue with one or both sensors and/or a leak/occlusion in the breathing system.

The first thing I do is swap the sensors and check the numbers again. If they are now different I suspect the sensors, if they are the same I suspect the breathing system has a leak or occlusion. If you are experiencing a high peep number, that would tell me there's an occlusion on the expiratory side.

If these do not fix the issue, I would next suspect the Sensor Interface Board (SIB) and/or the lines that run to them.

Depending on the machine and vent type, run your flow sensor calibrations. For the 7100 machine its located in the service screen/calibrations/Zero flow and Airway Sensors. Hope this helps.

Brent SilviusAnesthesia TechnicianBiomedical Sales and ServicesMercuryMed.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree