Thu Mar 04 2021

no longer heating

The pump still works well without leaks but the water is not getting hot. I would like to buy a heating element but don't want to spend the money if there could be a different heat related issue.

RE: Hot/Cold Therapy Systems Report Post
Thu Mar 04 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on? 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Tue Mar 09 2021Reply from Oak Bay Animal Hospital

I am sorry.  I had put that info in the title but it didn't transfer.

This is a Gaymar T pump 500 model. It still pumps fine and holds water.  The water, however, is not hot. 

Wed Mar 10 2021Reply from Chris S
Chris S

It could be the heater or the PC board.  Check if you have 120 Volts going to the heater (red and blue wires).  If you have voltage, it's the heater.  No voltage, it's the board.  Also make sure the overtemp light is not on and the unit is on a level surface.

Also make sure it is pumping water.  Alot of complaints I get about "not heating" are because it is actually not pumping any water.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Mar 11 2021Reply from Oak Bay Animal Hospital

Thank you.  That  is just the info I needed. When I figure out how to use my voltmeter,(approx from the 1950s), I will proceed .

Madelyn C

Wed Mar 17 2021Reply from Oak Bay Animal Hospital

Hmmm, I want to be sure that I have this right.  I get NO voltage across the heater.  Wouldn't that indicate that the heater needs to be replaced?

Thu Mar 18 2021Reply from Chris S
Chris S

The PC board supplies the power to the heater, so if there is no power it is the PC board. 

You can also take a resistance measurement across the heater with the heater disconnected.  It should read approximately 80 ohms.  That would help confirm it.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Mar 18 2021Reply from Chris S
Chris S

The PC board supplies the power to the heater, so if there is no power it is the PC board. 

You can also take a resistance measurement across the heater with the heater disconnected.  It should read approximately 80 ohms.  That would help confirm it.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Mar 18 2021Reply from Oak Bay Animal Hospital

Yes, I confirmed it.  The heater has plenty of life. Now, to find a circuit board! You have saved me $50.00.  Thank you. 

Thu Mar 18 2021Reply from Oak Bay Animal Hospital

I meant to say $500.00.  IF I can find a circuit board.  NO luck so far. 

Fri Mar 19 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

MedWrench works as the link between buyer and seller. Please fill out a REQUEST FORM and we will pass it along to a company to contact you directly.

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree