Sat Apr 03 2021

error 88 message

anybody out there know what i can do about an error 88 message? what does it pertain to?

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Tue Apr 06 2021Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

I found a manual.  It lists many error codes except - you guessed it - 88.  I will submit the manual to have it added here.

T.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Tue Apr 06 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

Thank you to T-Lobato - the manual can be found HERE

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Wed Apr 07 2021Reply from cgrav

Thank you T Lobato! I actually contacted Coulter Beckman. They wrote, " Error 88 on the Allegra 21R is related to an overtemlpt issue on the main power board or control board. The control and display boards as well as many other key parts are obsolete and no longer available. We still have power boards but there is no way to know for sure that will resolve the problem and boards can't be returned."

Wed Apr 07 2021Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

Cgrav,

Interesting!  If the unit is giving the error code even when it's cold, i.e., not used in some time, then I'd say it's the board.   Has the unit been otherwise reliable in the past?  If it is relatively cheap, then I personally might take the chance and replace it.   We bought some new centrifuges and we've already had to fix them.  Some required full replacement under warranty.

Good luck!

T.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree