Tue Apr 27 2021

Won't reach set speed.

I haven't used this centrifuge for quite a while. It is an older (2006) version of the VWR 200. I have set the speed to 5000 rpm, it has the 6-place 50 ml angle head rotor installed. The speed tops out at 665 rpm. What can I do to remedy this situation? Initially the LED screen was flashing "94" . I unplugged it and plugged it back in again, and the screen now functions normally.

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Tue Apr 27 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

Ozark Biomedical may be able to assist. 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Tue Apr 27 2021Reply from Boom

Thanks for your reply, Ben.  I hope you are right.  I'm under a time crunch, so I hope it's something I'll be able to accomplish here.

How do we go about getting in touch about it?

Thanks,

David

Wed Apr 28 2021Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

Boom,

The service manual does not show error code 94.  I take it the rotor is empty and you are verifying the speed with a tachometer.  My next step would be is to check the brushes.  

Just me,

T.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Thu Apr 29 2021Reply from Boom

Thanks for your suggestion, TJ.  You are correct about the rotor being empty.  I was not using an external tachometer, however.  I'm pretty confident that internal one was at least in the ball park because of the sound (nowhere close to the sound it makes at 5000 rpm).

I'll check the brushes.

Fri Apr 30 2021Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

Sounds good, let us know how it turns out.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Fri Apr 30 2021Reply from Boom

Any tips on removing the housing?  I've removed the 4 bolts at the bottom and the hinges - still won't budge.

Thanks.

Is there an available manual that shows more than how to operate it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree