Mon May 10 2021

Artifact

Hello, first timer on MedWrench here, I'm having an artifact unlike anything I've ever seen It's not a ring it looks like a path of higher density (water phantom) It resembles a beam hardening artifact but there's nothing in between the tube and the detectors...

RE: DR Systems Report Post
Mon May 10 2021Reply from maguirre_2260

Hi, this links to the picture: 

https://imgur.com/a/HLYw0KF

Mon May 10 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on? 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Wed Jul 28 2021Reply from maguirre_2260

Hi, sorry for the late reply, must have missed the email notification. It's a GE CT Brivo 385. It turns out bubbles in the refrigeration oil were the culprits of those artifacts. The irregular dark "oily" patterns and the sharp light flash-like artifacts.

All the artifacts were resolved with a tube reloading process. I would like to add another symptom to the problem, daily calibration was impossible because the system detected an obstructed window (which was not obstructed of course).

Thanks for your interest and let's hope this description would help someone else.

Regards

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree