Sat May 29 2021

CaseSaver Feature Activated

Hi, At first I had the laser connected to a 220V step up transformer, but sometimes it would turn off due to the step up transformer not having enough power for the laser, but sometimes it would stay on and go through the screens with no issues, but I decided not to run the laser until we hook it up to a True 220v line that we were thinking of hooking up to. So the issue that I am having now is that, after adding the distilled water to the reservoir due to low level of water, I turned on the machine, and now I'm getting a red screen with a message that says "Casesaver Feature activated" so I clicked continue and it went to the laser control screen, but with limited power. So I decided to run the true 220V line to our basement to run the machine directly to a 220V line, but when I turned it on, that "Savecase feature mode" is till popping up. Does anyone know how to disable that "savecase feature mode" ?

RE: Surgical Laser Report Post
Tue Jun 01 2021Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

The case saver feature does not turn off. The PowerSuites have 4 heads internally that together make 100W of holmium laser. When 1 or more of the heads is not functioning efficiently enough, the laser runs at limited power. If the max is 60W @ 40Hz, then 1 head is down. If 30W, then 2 heads are down. Open up the laser, and check the rods and mirrors.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Tue Jun 01 2021Reply from jtridexter

Hi, Thank's for the info. What am I looking for when checking the rods and mirrors? 

Tue Jun 01 2021Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

Any kind of optical damage. They will appear as spots/burns. Typically, in order to cause it to go into case saver, the spots will be greater than or equal to 1 mm in diameter. 

Also, the laser's burns should be round 4 mm spots. If they are slitted like cat's eyes, that could also be an issue. If that is the case, then alignment is required. 

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Fri Jun 04 2021Reply from jtridexter

Hi Wayne, thanks again.

By any chance is ther any way you can send me step by step instructions or maybe a video on how to check and fix the issue please. I don't want to make it worse.

Joe..

Fri Jun 04 2021Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

Joe,

Please call the office. We can speak more over the phone.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Thu Jun 10 2021Reply from jtridexter

Hey Wayne,

if you can please check out the youtube video below of the laser being powered up, maybe this can give you an idea of what might be causing the problem. Let me know what you think and I will drop you a call tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2LcP1MiPz8&ab_channel=jtridexter

Joe..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree