Fri Jun 25 2021

Popping noise

I have been trying to find a popping noise that occurs during Tube Warm-ups and intermittently during the day while scanning. Apparently this has been happing on this unit since install (unit is 3 years old) and no one including GE has been able to find the issue. It is not the tube or tank as they have both been replaced and the new items didn't not effect a change. Anyone run into this on a GE scanner before? What do you guys suggest I look for? The popping noise sounds more mechanical than that of an electrical pop.

RE: CT Scanner Report Post
Mon Jun 28 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

What is the name of the model of the GE scanner you are working on? 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Mon Jun 28 2021Reply from Sammy@LE3

One of the CT's is a GE Revolution and the other is a GE Revolution Evo.  Both were installed a year apart and both are making the same popping noise upon Tube Warm-ups.

Thu Jul 15 2021Reply from armonj_3859

I had a similar issue with Optima540. Tube was defected, also there was loose connection on 120v cables on brush block(SlipRing). it is better to look for XG errors in log to make sure.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree