Fri Jun 25 2021

Spindle not vertical, rotor not level

I have a Beckman Coulter GS-15R centrifuge with a S4180 rotor using four buckets. The centrifuge itself is level, but the rotor is not (the drive shaft is not quite vertical). This is causing the bottom of the buckets at low speeds to scrape against the thermistor and I think it is also causing imbalance issues (I can't run it even with empty buckets above 2000 rpm). Any help on how to correct this?

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Mon Jun 28 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

Ozark Biomedical may be able to assist. 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Tue Jun 29 2021Reply from TRS

First of all, you will need to access the instrument by lowering or removing the front panel.  This will allow you inspect the mounts for seperation.  If in fact one of the mounts has seperated (failed), we have part number 10119 that will resolve the issue.  We recommend that all three mounts are replaced at the same time due to dry rotting that has usually occurred causing failure.  If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-457-7576 and request tech support.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree