Thu Jul 01 2021

Inconsistent Exposure

My Shimadzu UD150B-30 has started shooting inconsistently. The Tech's are complaining about intermittently changing image quality. I've acquired exposure waveforms with an XD-88, and found that the exposure time is intermittently 404mS, regardless of the time setting. Also, when this occurs, the waveform stair-steps down. Any ideas?

RE: Analog Radiography Report Post
Thu Jul 01 2021Reply from bmet75

You need a two channel scope to check the plus and minus TKV from the tank.  I have seen where the tank starts to go bad and will ground out on the plus or minus TKV.  You won't always get a error since it usually goes back up.  Some units were shipped with a tank that has ports for a two tube setup.  You could change to the second port go in the settings and change the unit to use the second tank port and see if it goes away.  If they are using AEC I would check the cables going in the panels and make sure they are on right.  I have seen where one side comes out a bit and you get weird timing but no errors.  

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree