Tue Sep 07 2021

Li-Ion battery expirey

Physio Controls LifePak 12/15 - I have several of these batteries which are 10 years old which generate a failure notice when charging. They appear to be good, but coded to fail after the ten year mark has been passed. My customer wants to use the LifePak 12 he has for training purposes. Is there any info out there on how to get around the fail alert? Thanks Bruce

RE: Defibrillator Report Post
Wed Sep 08 2021Reply from MedWrench Crystalyn

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on?

Fri Sep 10 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

Cadex may be able to assist. 

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Fri Sep 10 2021Reply from ReNew14

i've opened one up just to see and was able to cut the wires to the chip that that tells it to fail. the battery couldn't be used afterwards for anyting but training of course, but it would charge fine after i removed the pcb. 

We have some after market battereis for the LP 12 if you are interested. 

844-425-0987 ask for Neil 

Fri Sep 10 2021Reply from Raynorshine Enterprises

Thanks.  I will forward that to my customer and they can decide the next step.

BR

Mon Sep 13 2021Reply from eco_flo

Find an electronic service for batteries. They can weld a new pack for you. I do this with my defibrilator and save a lot of money (intstead an original batery pack)

Tue Nov 02 2021Reply from Stan Skaggs
Stan Skaggs

R&D will repack your LP12 batteries without the kill chip in them.. very economical.. I think only good for the lead acid ones though.  We had all ours refitted once the "dead date" arrived.  Never an issue since.

mrstan.
Tue Nov 02 2021Reply from Stan Skaggs
Stan Skaggs

R&D will repack your LP12 batteries without the kill chip in them.. very economical.. I think only good for the lead acid ones though.  We had all ours refitted once the "dead date" arrived.  Never an issue since.

mrstan.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree