Tue Oct 05 2021

Service manual

The manual retract plastic gear is not engaging. Need detail part list for the gear. Thank you Stanley

RE: Microtome Report Post
Tue Oct 05 2021Reply from Ross

On the coarse feed - advance/retract?

Tue Oct 05 2021Reply from Slavio

Yes   The the gear engages and then jump left when looking from rear of the machine. Like there is something missing  on the other side of the block. Washer or o ring???

Wed Oct 06 2021Reply from Ross

I"ve never seen that issue - something must be loose and/or worn in that mechanism. Unfortunately, the service manual doesn't give that much detail. As I recall, the two bevel gears are brass, and so is the large (54 tooth) ring gear. I assume that the plastic gear, of which you speak, is the one underneath the large ring gear (which engages with it). That gear (item #5.10) doesn't have a part number listed in the service manual.
Is it only the plastic gear that jumps? Since I don't have one in front of me, and the service manual doesn't show it, I can only speculate - perhaps there is supposed to be a circlip or something to hold the plastic gear to the bevel gear. Can you get a mirror back there to take a look?

Thu Oct 07 2021Reply from Slavio

Thank you for your help. I called Thermo Fisher and they saying there is nothing missing. They wanted to come out and fix it. Ofcourse. Customer is ok with that. I just think there is press fitt and is stretched. Case is closed for me. If you text me cell number i like to send you 10 sec. Video for you to see and future repairs.

again thank you. 618 641 3404

Stanley

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree