Wed Nov 24 2021

starlux 1540

im very confused because when i connect my 1540 handpiece to do a calibration, it always fails and it says that i need to clean handpiece which i already drained the handpiece my other regular handpieces work and i dont have issues just with the 1540 is there anyone that can help.

RE: Aesthetic Laser Report Post
Mon Nov 29 2021Reply from Sean Casey

I recently had the same issues and after looking into it discovered the calibration is actually just a power check so if you have a power meter and have the service manual I have just been doing power check myself. 

Sean Casey
BMET III
Sodexo Clinical Engineering

Wed Dec 01 2021Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

SeanC is correct. The calibration process is the laser making sure it has sufficient power and making voltage adjustments to ensure proper output. If it is failing, it could be several things. The calibration fiber, which is part of the handpiece, could be bad; the laser rod may need replacement; or some optics or the main fiber may be burnt.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Wed Dec 01 2021Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

SeanC is correct. The calibration process is the laser making sure it has sufficient power and making voltage adjustments to ensure proper output. If it is failing, it could be several things. The calibration fiber, which is part of the handpiece, could be bad; the laser rod may need replacement; or some optics or the main fiber may be burnt.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Wed Dec 01 2021Reply from Sean Casey

Thanks for your input Wayne, I actually took the laser repair class with Greg Abstein and yourself last September. Hope you are doing well.

Sean Casey
BMET III
Sodexo Clinical Engineering

Wed Jun 07 2023Reply from Maciej500

Hello, 

I have problems with lux g handpiece. Just replaced lamp and need to set calibration parameters. Does anyone know how to set it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree