Sat Nov 27 2021

Charge light flashes continously

The AC power adapter comes on with all the lights like it supposed to with no service warning. However and battery one the yellow charging light just blinks on and off with a clicking noise. It seems to be charging the batteries so I don't know what this means. Any input would be awesome. I run I CPR company so I don't have Biomed support.

RE: Defibrillator Report Post
Mon Nov 29 2021Reply from MedWrench Crystalyn

What is the name of the manufacturer and model of the equipment you are working on? 

Mon Nov 29 2021Reply from Jackiejtx

Physio Control AC Power Adapter for Lifepak 12 by Medtronic

Part #: VLP12-06-000102

The charge light on the defib goes on and off with the yellow light on the AC adapter. I hear the relay of some kind in the adapter clicking at the same time.

Mon Nov 29 2021Reply from ReNew14

I've opened some and clean the dust out to repair them and or i've had to replace internal parts. 

it may be easier to replace the power supply if one can be found. 

Mon Nov 29 2021Reply from Stan Skaggs
Stan Skaggs

so many possible issues so maybe a couple of questions might help for background identification:

What do the small bananna plugs look like which connect to the battery(s)?  Are they discolored and have they been replaced lately?

Do both battery indicators blink or only the bay 1 battery indicator?  If just one, have you swapped the batteries to see if follows the battery or the bay?

You say it "clicks" when the battery light blinks, is the click from the defib or the charging unit bolted to the bottom of the defib?

Have you looked in the error code logs to see if any error codes have been loged related to the battery charging operations?

Is the battery actually charged up?  I understand you state the battery on the port is charging while it is blinking??

Can you post some observations of you situation for better troubleshooting?

Hope some of this helps..

mrstan

mrstan.
  1. No plugs involved. Batteries are installed on Lifepak 12. Plug from Physio Control LIFEPAK 12 AC Adapter Power Supply Battery Charger VLP12-06-0000 is in good condition.
  2. When I switch batteries the light blinking follows from 1 to 2. If I remove 1 battery it switches to blink on the remaining battery.
  3. The click in from the bottom charging unit.
  4. There are no error codes related to charging.
  5. I truly appreciate any help.

Jackie

Sun Jan 02 2022Reply from Lt.Vich

If the batteries are charging with the adapter plugged in then it should be fine,

but if they aren't you should probably find a replacement adapter. Physio-Control no longer provides service for the 12 or its accessories.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree