Tue Dec 21 2021

1.4 GHz radio transmitter.

I am having issues with the 1.4 GHz radios on our MRx units going out and losing connection to the IX. Does anyone know of a vendor who test and repairs these radio transmitters? I have purchased a few from a 3rd party but they do not seem to want to connect.... thanks .

RE: Defibrillator Report Post
Tue Dec 21 2021Reply from EMSFiremedic

Have you tried https://www.ositech.com/

They make the wireless link devices for the MRx

Tue Dec 21 2021Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

There's several factors going on. First off, when you have these dropouts, is your defib saying No Central Monitor?

So, do you have the Location enabled on your classic PIC or PIC IX? This will show which access point in your system that the defib is talking to.A very nice feature, if you got it.

Second, my experience, we have had issues with 2 of the Cicso PPOE power injectors in our overall system in the past month. In both cases, excess lint on the sides of the PPOEs led to the internal power supplies overheating and shutting down, then rebooting after a few minutes. What will happen is that the telemetry in that particular floor / zone will quit working because there is no communication between the access points and the tele. Then when the access points come back up, they start communicating again. So you need to go to your centrals and verify that you don't have a Data Loss amber warning popping up on the top of your central screens. That's in Service Mode under Networks.

And lastly, although I have almost no experience with the MRx, there is information  in the Service Manual that gives all the information about the 1.4 link, including the IP and MAC addresses and, ta dah, signal strength.You need to sit down and read the manual, starting at page 161. And pages 170-171 talk about the all-important RSSI Value, the Recieved Signal Strength Indicator.

Go get'm, tiger.

Tue Dec 21 2021Reply from DFMK6

@EMSFiremedic

I've come across these units but none of the literature state if these units will work with the PIC iX .  Seems to work with the Philips Telemetry system.

???

Wed Dec 22 2021Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

Uh.. @EMSFiremedic.. hello.. the PIC iX _is_ the Philips telemetry system.. at least the newest version of it. We're running a mix of C.1 PIC iX and rev N Classic PIC, combined together.. it works.. :-)

I think it's because when the IFU was written for the defib, the version PIC iX did not yet exist, only the classic system. :-)

And BTW, yes PIC iX can monitor both telemetry and bedsides.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree