Tue Dec 28 2021

Constant Downstream Occlusion

Hello everyone and thanks for your time and advice! B. Braun Vista Basic with constant downstream occlusion...Device primes, no problem. Each time I select the Prime option, it primes a full 25mL. Replaced occlusion sensor. Completed pressure sensor calibrations. Device still goes in to downstream occlusion alarm. Could it be AIL sensor? Since the device primes and all, I figured it couldn't be the Main PCB or Pump Head Mechanism.

RE: Infusion Pump Report Post
Tue Dec 28 2021Reply from BMETSlayer21
Tue Jan 04 2022Reply from Clemmonstrip

What line set are you using.  Check occlusion sensor calibration low high and mechanical. Sounds simple.

Tue Jan 04 2022Reply from ChemoMan

Dumb question however have you replaced the battery to see if that is causing your problem. 

Wed Jan 05 2022Reply from BMETSlayer21
BMETSlayer21

ChemoMan, I literally covered all aspects of the occlusion detection system and I'm throwing you a dumb question? GTFOH, ChemoBoy

Wed Jan 05 2022Reply from BMETSlayer21
BMETSlayer21

The pump doesn't even attempt any infusion at all. It simply detects downstream occlusion. Yet, it will prime just fine...After replacing the sensor and completed calibrations, I'm here seeing if anyone has been through this before. Thanks.

Wed Jan 05 2022Reply from Matt D.
Matt D.

There are certain things the processor looks at during a reguar run and things it doesn't look at prime. The motor drive signal is different during prime. I think you have a processor problem or a motor problem. You might want to send it in to B-Braun. If you have been trained by B-Braun there techsupport is pretty good, otherwise no way are you getting help from them other than a RMA. 

Matt D.

Thu Jan 06 2022Reply from Clemmonstrip

If your battery doesn't hold correct voltage you can get all sort of problems also the door has a magnet in there make sure it's in tact 

Thu Jan 06 2022Reply from Clemmonstrip

If your battery doesn't hold correct voltage you can get all sort of problems also the door has a magnet in there make sure it's in tact 

Thu Dec 08 2022Reply from Prime615

How do you calibrate the occlusion sensor?

Thu Dec 08 2022Reply from Chris S
Chris S

Check out section 4.11 of the Service Manual.

Official MedWrench Guru

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree