Tue Apr 12 2022

Power button is not working

Hello, I have a Philips suresign vs3 and the power button is not working anymore.. it was working yesterday and today its not working. Anyone have any ideas or how to fix it? I appreciate your help. -Kevin

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Tue Apr 12 2022Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

Philips had a big issue with those VS3 power switches a long time ago. They had a program that if you contacted Philips with the model and serial number, they'd send a box of 5 of the rubber switch sets to you. The power switch is part of the other buttons except for the knob encoder. So you end up replacing all the membrane switches at the same time.

It looks like Philips has a FCO on this part. You *might *be able
to get it replaced for free if you mention Field Change Order: FCO86201022A.

Philips pn: 4535 641 01891
latest pn:  4535 642 42221

Good luck.

Tue Apr 12 2022Reply from KDV713

Do you have to be a vendor or anything I originally bought it for taking care of a family member? Will they help anyone that calls? Is it easy to replace the Philips VS3 SureSigns Membrane Switch?

I appreciate the help 

-Kevin

Sat Apr 16 2022Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

They should be able to help you.  Be prepared to give them the serial number which they will use to see who they originally sold it to.  Try calling PartsSource if things with Philips do not work out.

Is it easy?  It should not be if you have experience taking devices apart and re-assembling them.  If not, you should consider sending it to a vendor.

T.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Mon Apr 18 2022Reply from rsiefers

There is a problem that I found with an extremely low battery. The watchdog feature will "lock out" the power button, until you remove the battery and unplug the power cord. Then re-insert the battery and plug into AC power .The device will restart, and the power button will work. You will then have to reset the date and time. The battery will be very low so plan to plug it into AC power for 2 to 4 hours to recharge.

Mon Apr 18 2022Reply from T-Lobato
T-Lobato

Right! We had the same problem with our VS4s.

TJ Lobato | MedWrench Guru
Tue Apr 19 2022Reply from KDV713

So can I do that process that the battery is charged? Can you list the steps again for the lockout for the philips suresign vs3?

Really appreciate your help.  The monitor is not relatively charged so what should I do ? Do I take the battery out when its plugged into the wall?

Wed Apr 20 2022Reply from rsiefers

1) unplug the device from AC power

2) open the battery compartment door

3) remove the battery

4) re-insert the battery

5) plug back into AC power

6) unit is now active and the date and time will need to be set correctly

Hope this helps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree