Thu May 26 2022

Sorvall - Legend T/RT Plus, Fisher Scientific accuSpin 3R

Sorvall - Legend T/RT Plus, Fisher Scientific accuSpin 3R Power resets during fast brake with the buckets on the rotor. The control board has been replaced, same issue but now every time was intermittent.

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Sun May 29 2022Reply from bilbo40h_9105

Check the fan 24 v is running?

Mon May 30 2022Reply from Paul Smith

If the front panel is going through a reset simular to what it does on switch on then the reset is either being caused by a poor connection between the display and the main pcb or the rotor sensor is shorting out on the motor (the wires rub against the motor and eventually short out dropping the 24v

Fri Jan 06 2023Reply from wahe

We set this repair aside for a while, but I am on the case now. There is only one fan in this unit, and it is working well. When I turn it on it innitially seemed to work, then went into a reboot loop. There was a capacitor whine from the compressor start cap. I will replace that, but it does not seem like that should cause a reboot loop. I also checked the speed sensor wiring and it seems fine. The only other thing I can think of would be the brake resistor or thermal sensor. Any ideas?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree