Wed Jun 08 2022

is this website still operatinhm

Was looking for information on zeiss 30 sl/m device but site seems dead

RE: Microscope-Surgical Report Post
Thu Jun 09 2022Reply from MapleTreeBiomed
MapleTreeBiomed

Hi Oppie,

Unfortunately, that model has been discontinued for quite some time. I doubt you’ll find anything but parts machines and the old sales brochure online.

Thu Jun 09 2022Reply from OPPIE

I work for the company that made the power supply for zeiss and offer the schematic if anybody is interested.

Tried to find a way to upload a pdf and finally gave up.

We - Ludl electronic Products (LEP) took in a repair of one of our slitlamp power supply and owner Also included  the microscope. Problem appeared to be in the scope with the brightness control that should measure 100 ohms at minimum brightness and 0 ohms for full output.

Wed Jul 06 2022Reply from Emily Vitkovitsky
Emily Vitkovitsky

If you would like to share with the MedWrench community, please click HERE and we will upload it to the product page on your behalf.

Wed Jul 13 2022Reply from Ric_the_Swede

I just bought a used one and I'm gonna try to revive it. No power supply.. supplied, but I should be fine I think. 

Need help on how to open up the "light box" or conytroller box; the lowest knobs, the ones for adjusting slit height, need service badly. 

Hey from Sweden! //Ric

Wed Jul 13 2022Reply from Ric_the_Swede

To the original poster, what do you need? The customer manual is available online, the service manual not so much. 

What do you guys use for cleaning these things? Alcohol? 

My unit is in overall good shape lens wise, except for a beamsplitter that has an old angled camera adapter for a 35mm housing. The mirror inside the camera adapter is really dusty, so I was thinking alcohol and cotton swabs. 

Thu Jul 14 2022Reply from OPPIE

I uploaded a schematic for the power supply of the 30 sl/m system. Find it in the files section.

I have no specifics on the optical system as our involvement was only as a subcontractor to zeiss USA.

Lamp is a 30 watt tungsten halogen.

Intensity control is a 100 ohm variable resistor that is part Of the optical system. 

On the repair we just took In, I mounted a new control near front panel meter of power unit. Then disconnected the external control.

Thu Jul 14 2022Reply from Ric_the_Swede

That's a great resource, I found some wiring from the slit lamp head leading down in the hollow swing arm shaft, ending in a socket not connected to nothing. The schematics can probably tell me more, but I am guessing it was supposed to power one of the many additional modules available at the time. 

Service tip: the slit height knob mechanism had seized up and was veery sluggish, to the point of me using so much force to move it that the axle started loosening and starting to wobble, and I was afraid something was broken. 

After taking away the chin rest from the bottom plate I was better able to access the underside of the light control box, and there's a service hatch of sorts. Remove two screws and you can access the slit height adjustment, and with a drop of Teflon Oil (Gun oil) on a screwdriver I was able to lubricate the mechanism. Good as new! Almost. 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree