Wed Jun 08 2022

How to replace door lifts

I need to replace the hydraulic door lifts on my RC-3B but have no idea how to access them. Can someone let me know how to get to them? Thanks.

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Thu Jun 09 2022Reply from Chris-CBET

I'm flipping thru the service manual and I'm not seeing anything about this part, but i'm also seeing an EOL for this unit. if youre in a hospital, send it to the scrapper as parts are hard to come by. otherwise i'd suggest figuring out how to remove the cover. Look on the bottom for screws. Send me your email and i'll send you the manual and EOL letter - cwalters1978@gmail.com

Fri Jun 10 2022Reply from TRS

First of all, remove electrical power to the unit after you have opened the lid.  To gain access, you will need to remove the front lower cabinet access panel as well as the closeout panel on the back of the unit.  As you face the unit, you will find two 7/16 bolts on the left hand side that secure the bottom attach bracket of the front gas shock to the frame.  You will find the other two 7/16 bolts for the rear gas shock attach bracket if you look from the rear of the unit.  ***Before you start removing the bolts, you will want to have someone or something to help hold the lid securely in the open position.  With the bottom bolts out, you can remove the top attach bolt nuts and finesse the gas shocks out of the unit.  Take care not damage the rubber closeouts.  Generally, they are dry and brittle due to the age of the unit.  I find it easier to reinstall the gas shocks by installing the bottom end of the gas shock/attach bracket first...lining up the bolts holes will prove to be tricky but with the lid open, you can look down through the rubber closeout and achieve this task.  After you have attached the bottom brackets, you can attach the top of the gas shock to the lid.  Hope this helps.

Randy rsexton@ozarkbiomedical.com 1-800-457-7576

Mon Jun 20 2022Reply from Emily Vitkovitsky
Emily Vitkovitsky

If you would like to share with the MedWrench community, please click HERE and we will upload the manual on your behalf.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree