Mon Sep 12 2022

Handpiece won't go into cooling

I have a regular cutera xeo, that you can plug a prowave handpiece in. The prowave handpiece wont go into cooling, but the same handpiece will cool on a different system. What seems to be the problem? Any insight would be helpful.

RE: Aesthetic Laser Report Post
Mon Sep 12 2022Reply from krkenney88
krkenney88

Hello Laser J,

Are you actually getting any kind of error code when you try to enter into cooling? Are there any indicators your system is giving at all?

Koby Kenney
MedWrench Guru

Thu Sep 15 2022Reply from Laser J
I'm not getting any error codes. I put the limelight into "ready" but the tip won't cool so all i get is the thermometer icon.

Thu Sep 22 2022Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

Sounds like you have a TEC (Thermo Electric Cooler) issue. They go bad over time and could require replacement. Another possibility is that the heatsink compound is old and allow for good heat tranfer. But either way, I believe the issue to be TEC related.

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Thu Sep 22 2022Reply from Laser J

Would you know where that is located on a Xeo? Is it an entire TEC circuit that needs to be replaced, or just a single component/ part?

Thu Sep 22 2022Reply from Wayne-UML
Wayne-UML

The possibility exists that the error is due to the circuitry driving the TEC, but typically, it's the actual part. The part(s) can be found mounted directly onto the crystal light guide. 

Wayne Delgado
Senior Laser Engineer
www.umlasers.com
Thu Sep 22 2022Reply from Laser J

Excuse me, I am a little new to this industry, and not totally famiiliar with the laser. The error is not with the handpiece nor with the YAG. I do not know what you are refering to as the "crystal light guide". Is the TEC on a board? If so which one. If not, where in the laser could I find this TEC.

Thanks for your help

josh@thelaseragent.com

Wed Mar 29 2023Reply from MiroSa
The circuitry driving the TEC is on the Xeo Display Board, 50% of chances that display board connector is burned, TEC bad on Xeo's handpieces, I never saw! First check display board and then check goldfish connector pins on handpiece.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree