Mon Nov 28 2022

unit not printing

I have a ge mac 5500 that says print error please reload paper when trying to print. the paper is the correct paper and the paper moves out but only a small amount and then you get the error. I've replaced the printer head from another broken unit but still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Equipment: GE Healthcare - MAC 5500HD

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Tue Nov 29 2022Reply from Chris S
Chris S

First make sure you have a good charged battery.  Many random issues can pop up with a bad battery.  Make sure paper is the correct one for that model, and is loaded with the oval hole in the paper oriented to be nearest the white serial number label. Check the paper sensor to be sure its in place and lined up properly.  It can be seen by opening the paper tray and looking along the print heads aluminum frame for a ¼” notch with a black optical sensor. Make certain that no foreign materials are obstructing the sensor.  If this is ok, it may be faulty and need replacing.

Official MedWrench Guru

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree