Tue Dec 06 2022

Battery life

Is anyone else having issues with battery life in the OEC 9800/9900s? I used to be able to get 2-3 years out of them but in the last month I’ve had 4 that have lasted a little over a year to a year and a half. These batteries were from two different manufacturers I’m just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Equipment: GE Healthcare - OEC 9800

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Tue Dec 06 2022Reply from Chris Brown

We have had some problems with battery life with c-arms in the past. GEOEC has said lately they are blaming sudden weather changes causing more problems than the manufacturers of batteries. I have switched over to Interstate Batteries and they have still been good for 2 to 3 years. The part number from Interstate Batteries is MED0194 and is sold as a pair. I have used these batteries in both the GEOEC 9800 and GEOEC Elite C-arms. 

Cbrown1
Tue Dec 06 2022Reply from Jason M

I just ordered a couple of sets from interstate in the last week or so and installed them.  I'm glad to hear that they seem to be holding up, they haven't been fun conversations to have with customers!

Wed Dec 07 2022Reply from Goldbee

In the past, we have experienced some issues with battery life with c-arms.Since I switched to Interstate Batteries, they have lasted between two and three years.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree