Fri Feb 17 2023

SRAM Info on reprogramming

Looking for the info on the programmer/reader for copying the gen files back to SRAM after battery depleted. 1. What reader/Programmer? 2. What bit rate is needed on Reader? 8bit or 16 bit? The cards are becoming obsolete. 3. Note sure what replacement SRAM card is needed. Thanks

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Fri Feb 17 2023Reply from KenC
I use an Omnidrive Professional USB2 LF. The cards are from Vikant VTR-SRA-001 and have rechargeable batteries. They need to be turned on in your machine frequently to make sure they stay charged. I use a disk imaging program to write the image to the card and then copy the dat files from the floppy. Good luck!

Fri Feb 17 2023Reply from OEC For Me
Ok, so its not as simple as copying from floppy to SRAM? What imaging program if I may?

Sun Feb 19 2023Reply from KenC
I was using All Image, but the company that created it seems to be no longer around and there are no recent updates. I am using winimage currently. I don't think just simply copying all of the files to the floppy will work. You are looking at MSDOS which requires the boot device to be formatted as a bootable device. I am sure it can be done. I only have to deal with this issue only 3-4 times a year. Thats for those sites who don't believe in preventative maintenance where the battery would be changed..

Sun Feb 19 2023Reply from OEC For Me
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. I don’t see many 9600s these days. :-)

Tue Feb 21 2023Reply from OEC For Me
Ken. Any chance of a contact email to clarify the drive? As you can see there are a number of Omnidrives. TIA OmniDrive USB2 Professional USB 1-slot PCMCIA Memory Card Reader/Writer : one Type II card slot for type I & type II PCMCIA ATA Flash PC card & SRAM PC card, and type II PCMCIA Hard Disk Drive PC card. The PCMCIA slot also reads and writes CompactFlash (CF) card*, IBM Microdrives*, SD*, MMC*, etc. (* need a proper PCMCIA adapter), for PC (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11). NA OmniDrive USB2 LF USB 1-slot PCMCIA Memory Card Reader/Writer : one Type II card slot for type I & type II PCMCIA ATA Flash PC card, Linear Flash PC card, & SRAM PC card, and type II PCMCIA Hard Disk Drive PC card. The PCMCIA slot also reads and writes CompactFlash (CF) card*, IBM Microdrives*, SD*, MMC*, etc. (* need a proper PCMCIA adapter), for PC (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11). Best seller! $479 OmniDrive USB2 LF/SD USB 2-slot PCMCIA Memory Card & SD Card Reader/Writer : one SD card slot for Secure Digital card and one Type II card slot for type I & type II PCMCIA ATA Flash PC card, Linear Flash PC card, & SRAM PC card, and type II PCMCIA Hard Disk Drive PC card. The PCMCIA slot also reads and writes CompactFlash (CF) card*, IBM Microdrives*, MMC*, etc. (* need a proper PCMCIA adapter), for PC (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11). Best seller! $579 $499 sales! OmniDrive USB2 LF/SD 8-Bit USB 2-slot PCMCIA 8-bit Memory Card & SD Card Reader/Writer : one SD card slot for Secure Digital card and one Type II card slot for type I & type II 8-bit PCMCIA Linear Flash PC card & SRAM PC card. The PCMCIA slot also reads and writes CompactFlash (CF) card in combination with a PCMCIA adapter, for PC (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11). $1149

Wed Feb 22 2023Reply from Emily Vitkovitsky
Emily Vitkovitsky
If you are in need of immediate assistance please feel free to reach out directly to our sponsors. They are happy to help. Smart Choice Medical : https://www.medwrench.com/service/companies/smart-choice-medical-usa-llc-290 Agiliti : https://www.medwrench.com/service/companies/agiliti-295 Just be sure to tell them you were referred by MedWrench.

Fri Mar 03 2023Reply from ACDService
I am mainly a GE MRI/CT/PETCT person but I was working with a few 9600 back in the day. I also used an omniDrive USB2 LF adapter and a USB to floppy adapter. I came across a 9600 that was using an adapter that went from IDE to Compact Flash. That way all you have to do is image the compact flash card and swap it out when the software is corrupted, no battery is needed.I still have all the pictures, adapters, omni drive, floppy, and files that may or may not help. if I remember correctly I either used an older version of (rufus) that has MS-DOS already on it. and simply connected my omnidrive with compact flash and PCMCIA to compact flash adapter and then copied the files over. or I used a virtual machine with windows xp or even older and went through the process of creating an MS-DOS bootable or if you have a good SRAM CARD you can use Linux to make a DD copy of it. (I remember this part was a challenge) link to PMCIA to compact flash adapter (because the Compact flash doesn't fit inside of the OMNIDRIVE) https://cnc-specialty-store.com/rs232-cables/compact-flash-adapter-to-cnc-pcmcia-pc-card The part number for Compact Flash (or just order another SRAM CARD Vikant VTR-SRA-001 as KenC Mentioned) SDCFB-128-201-80 The part number for Omnidrive USB 2.0 to PC Card Read-Writer 1-Slot for ATA Flash + SRAM + Linear Flash (OMNIDriveUSB2 LF) (ART0020711) https://www.amazon.com/OmniDrive-USB2-flash-Linear-reader/dp/B001R3UN88 Again this was just a project that I was working on hopefully this helps! Alex G acdservice.com Innovating Service Through Research and Technology

Mon Mar 06 2023Reply from OEC For Me
Much appreciated. I’m going to start the process of getting items together. I’ll probably go the route of using the card directly instead of adapter.

Fri Jun 09 2023Reply from juliantoroes

Hello, were you able to solve I have the same problem with the SRAM, would you help me?

Julmedics@gmail.com

Wed Nov 15 2023Reply from Jerrold

HI, Thank you for the post, it's been very helpful. I am a bit confused. Our OEC 9600 has been acting up and we don't have the floppy.  I believe the SRAM is still good.  Is it possible to clone the SRAM to an CF card/PCMCIA port and do away with the battery.   If we just replace the battery does anything else need to be done?   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree