Sat May 27 2023

PCV AND SIMV/PS DISABLE

our anesthesia machine fabius GS had PCV and SIMV/PS mode earlier and now it is disabled after I replaced  CMOS battery since it was dead. When we try to enable we are asked for 10 digit .can any one tell how to activate these modes?

Equipment: Draeger - Fabius GS

RE: Anesthesia Gas Machine Report Post
Tue May 30 2023Reply from BrentS
BrentS

The CMOS battery retains the optional vent modes. Once you remove the battery it will loose those options. You can not reuse the same option codes. You have to contact Drager support with the machines serial number and request new codes to be installed. They will look up the machines serial number to verify which vent modes it should have. I've done this before and it doesn't take long. Just be in front of the machine before calling. They'll help you enter the new codes.

FYI: If your careful, you can replace the CMOS battery while the machine has been powered on. When it's powered on, it will retain the installed codes while you change the battery. Only perform this if you feel comfortable with it and keep in mind that the machine and its internal components are powered on.

Brent SilviusAnesthesia TechnicianBiomedical Sales and ServicesMercuryMed.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree