Wed Jan 03 2024

Error code 16 and some other issues.

I have this problem and already read the service manual but doesn't have the transformer or inductive resistors. I have the fluke 454A but doesn't have the 30 ohms resistant option, with 100 and 500 would be enough? The error 16 starts when put on the plate on the patient. 

Also read in the forum that could be "Scaling relays in the control board", how can I probe them? I doesn't have another Force Fx.

Some days ago I made the REM calibration because the equipment was showing green REM alarm when plug in the plate even without patient. Also the trouble that made the hospital call me was that the equipment wasn't turning on right, it had a problem in the initial test.  When the lights were on bipolar it started as usual but were restarting the autotest when passing trough cut. 

Should I try to fix It or is better just change the equipment with all that issues?

Appreciate any help 

Equipment: Valleylab - Force FX-C

RE: Electrosurgical Unit (ESU) Report Post
Wed Jan 03 2024Reply from Josh-RenewBiomedical

In my experience with the Force FX-c, an error 16 usually points towards a failure on the control board.  If you have another control board to swap, that could narrow down your issue.  There is a chipset that fails fairly commonly on the control board.  I believe it is the U6 chip.  Most Error 16's have appeared at boot for me.  I haven't seen one when connecting the REM.  Did the REM function correctly after the calibration was performed?

As far as the scaling relays, those typically only affect the output testing.  A sign of failed scaling relays would be if your power output was substantially lower than the setpoint.  This would also typically be on one mode selection.

Wed Jan 03 2024Reply from AngelCtrz

Yes, the REM is working well, actually it still working after the error 16 is on screen. Im not sure why it pops up when put on te plate on patient.

I'll try to get another ForceFx and swap the board. In Case it'd be the board where can I buy a new one? Im from México btw

Wed Jan 03 2024Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

I just had this very same problem. But I couldn’t get  the problem to repeat. I suggest removing the control board and reseat the IC’s specifically U6 look for foreign material on the main board clean it off. This problem can pop up while the unit is powered up in idle, not necessarily while it’s being used. I suggest having it powered and idle in your office for a few hours, occasionally operating it

Matt

Wed Jan 03 2024Reply from Josh-RenewBiomedical

Those are good suggestions Matt! 

Angel, hopefully swapping the boards around with your other device will help you to narrow down the issue.  Should you need to purchase a replacement control board, please reach out to me at Renew Biomedical.  We have some in stock.  You can visit our website for contact info.

Wed Jan 03 2024Reply from AngelCtrz

Thanks both!

After doing some probes and trying to know why the error showed when put the plate on patient the error started to show just after turning on the equipment, then the boot sequence wasn't working as I said in the initial question. For now when the error shows up I take off the control board and put it back then the error goes away. (I did the same the first time when the equipment was in loop with the initial autotest) The last time it took like 3 days for the equipment to shows the error again, occasionally I turned on just to verify if it still working. is it safe to take off the U6 and clean the pins in the control board or shouldn't touch any of the IC's?

I'll let the equipment powered some hours to probe

Tue Jan 16 2024Reply from Savwordle

It would be worthwhile to try the 100-ohm option if your Fluke 454A only has options for 100 and 500 ohms and the service manual recommends using a 30-ohm resistor. 

Buckshot Roulette

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree