Wed May 22 2024

No Radiation

Can anyone help me on my amx 4+, when exposed, the termination is fine and exposure light comes on but no RADIATION

When KV is increased for 50 to 70, the machine trips off at the CB

RE: Mobile Radiography Report Post
Thu May 23 2024Reply from ffriedmann

Check to make sure you have tube current. If not, pull the cathode cable and test the filament for continuity. Do the generator calibrations. make sure mAs cal works. Are there any errors shown or in the error log. (used to be a good list on DOTMed somewhere or check the wayback machine  for the biomed list server that used to exist before ECRI took it over. (2005 or so would be a good year I think) We used to have a fleet of these units. Most bullet proof machine and easy to trouble shoot. 

Sat May 25 2024Reply from Fikyo

@ffriedmann, I sincerely appreciate your time to respond to my request.

I checked on the filament and it has a glow when the machine is prep.

It actually gives an error 469, which is a generator fault.

I learnt new batteries had just been installed.

I probably might need to calibrate the machine 

Tue May 28 2024Reply from ffriedmann

Search DotMed using "error 469 amx4" in the search bar. select search in forums, not service. Chose a line with 5 or more replies a and you should be able to find a link to or a list of errors, similar to the one that used to be up on the biomed listserve. Doing the cals is a good start at this point. Drive handle not so much, but you are there, so may as well. The most important one though is the voltage cal since everything after that depends on it. Also get a 100-150 watt incandescent lamp and a length of cord with alligator clips on it to run the batteries down to correct range for cal. 113=BATT=112VDC. Of course if you only have LED lamps now or need some cardio workout, you can run the unit around the halls for a while until the voltage is in the correct range. starting higher than 113VDC can cause the tap cal to have issues. When the cal fails, then you will have a better indication of what is actually at fault. 

Wed May 29 2024Reply from Fikyo

@ffriedmann, I sincerely appreciate your efforts so far.

I was with the machine yesterday and the first thing I did was to swap the HV cables and the error I got was 467

I now proceeded to calibrating the generator. After the mAs was done, I proceeded with installing the jumper to calibrate the Kvp. On exposing I got a message 'remove jumper' and an error message 'Kvp cal error 2'

This now leaves me with either recalibrating the mAs or HV is shorted.

Please what is your candid suggestions 

Wed May 29 2024Reply from ffriedmann

Remove jumper is a standard message after the KVP cal runs (or fails). Try killing the calibration data before starting the calibrations by selecting load defaults. Then do the calibrations in order. If it still fails with the error 2, that may mean low/no KV out at all. KV shorted may mean the inverter is not working. on Fil/KVp board check pin22 of J2 to see if it ever said xray  on, meaning xray feedback was greater than 75% demand (GEs equivalent of Siemens IST/SOL). That would tell you you had some xray. Or check TP12 for feedback voltage and TP10 demand (from CPU)  Also check the 1KHZ into J1 pin 24 and 26 to make sure you have the 1khz used to drive the HV switching. on the 1khz driver board. TP3 is also KV feedback. The AMX 4 prints are on line if you don't have the manuals. Page 10 shows a good connection drawing between the 1KV board and the HT components it drives. 

3 days agoReply from Fikyo

@friedmann, I want to sincerely appreciate your time and effort in helping resolve this matter.

I want to gladly inform you the machine has finally worked

3 days agoReply from ffriedmann

If you get time, please let us know what your solution was. Happy to make a difference... 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree