Mon Jun 03 2024

EZ10K cannot complete cycles

Our EZ10K is set for 121C, 15 min, 00 dry time.  From a cold start it reaches temperature in good time (13-14 minutes), and maintains pretty steady temperature and pressure for the first 11-12 minutes.  It then begins losing pressure, and temperature along with it.  With 2 minutes left it aborts, giving a LOW TEMP message and failure on the printout.

I verified it is putting 600 mL of water in the chamber.  There are no apparent leaks anywhere.  The water enters the chamber properly when starting a cycle, and it all goes back to the reservoir at the end.  

We replaced the water level sensor today and raised the front feet.  It still cannot complete a cycle.

Any advice on settings or parts that might help?  

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Mon Jun 24 2024Reply from CTL73

It does get to the sterilization cycle, it gets to temperature and pressure in very good time--around 12-14 minutes from cold.  The first 5-10 minutes of the cycle are perfect, but then the pressure starts dropping, then the temperature drops and the cycle fails (low temp).  

Now that I have seen the water spurting back into the rez via the coiled copper tube during the cycle, I ordered a new entire solenoid assembly for that line.  I should have time to install it this Wednesday or Thursday.  I'll also pay attention to the air valve sound.  

I probably should just replace all solenoid assemblies to get this project over with instead of going one at a time.  

Mon Jun 24 2024Reply from Chris-CBET
Chris-CBET

This is a tuttnauer, it's possible one of your heaters have gone bad...also possible you've got a pressure crack in the chamber...strip all the insulation off, run that cycle and look all over as it heats up for any sign of leaks

Fri Jun 28 2024Reply from CTL73

OK, I finally have good news!  I replaced the return vent solenoid, and now the unit can complete cycles.  If it wasn't for all of your help, I might still be guessing at this.  It seems new solenoids fix most of the problems I've seen with Tuttnauers, and this was no different.  It's just a problem I never ran across until now.

Thanks again for your support!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree