Wed Dec 26 2012

collimator light

my collimator light is out on my proteus, I can only make out OSHRAM on the bulb, can you help me with what and where I can obtain one?

RE: Analog Radiography Report Post
Fri Dec 28 2012Reply from GaryBiomed
GaryBiomed

You can find all the manuals for the Proteus Here under X-ray

http://www3.gehealthcare.com/en/Support/Support_Documentation_Library

This is from the manual...

Proteus XR/a Automatic Collimator Bulb Replacement Note
1. The Proteus XR/a Automatic Collimator uses a special Collimator light bulb. When the collimator lamp burns out it MUST be replaced with the replacement bulb listed in the Proteus XR/a renewal parts section. Part number 2271727 MUST be used as a replacement bulb. DO NOT use any other lamp as a replacement bulb as X-ray field to Light field alignment may not meet HHS requirements.
2. The Proteus XR/a Collimator bulb is selected to have the filament in the same place in all bulbs, and the position of this filament impacts X-ray field to Light field alignment. This selection process allows the bulb to be replaced by the end user with no alignment required for X-ray to Light field.
3. X-ray field to Light field is adjusted in the factory and will not be affected by bulb replacement if the specified bulb is used as are placement. There is no field adjustment for X-ray field to Light field alignment if another bulb is used.
4. The Proteus XR/a Collimator lamp is designed to operate at 24vac for 150hrscontinuous, other replacement bulbs will burn out very quickly as they are only designed for 50hours continuous use at 24vac.
5. The Laser light has been aligned in the Factory. If you find the laser light needs alignment DO NOT attempt to align the Laser with a screwdriver in the light slot with power applied as this can cause damage to the laser electronics. The Laser is not a field replaceable part and a new collimator should be ordered if there are problems with the alignment or functionality.

Tue May 14 2013Reply from Ric CapMed+

do you know where the buy this bulb..??

Thu May 23 2013Reply from RLee

If the lamp says Osram I would suspect it has already been changed with a replacement lamp. Look at HLX 64642. You can Google it.

Thu May 23 2019Reply from ChrisB

if it is the Siemens collimator its an OSRAM PN: HLX 64642 24V 150W. Check the X-ray to light alignment and compensate for any variation caused by the filament positioning in the bulb.

The Data Sheet on the Osram HLX 64642 gives an expected bulb life of 300hours

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree