Thu Apr 25 2013

Candela GentleLASE use for age spots

Should  the laser be used without the cooling mist when removing brown age spots?  Is it okay not to wear goggles, only eye pads?

RE: Aesthetic Laser Report Post
Thu Apr 25 2013Reply from CRC Biomedical Services
CRC Biomedical Services

That is a question to be answered between you and your patient. The cooling mist does not give or take from the efficacy of the laser, and does nothing but cool the skin. Providing treatment without the cooling mist is just providing a slightly more painful treatment, and probably isn't justified unless the patient specifically requests you not use it.

If you are asking because you are out of cooling mist- put a bottle of ultrasound gel in the freezer. The slush that it creates can be spread over the skin for any treatment- the gel does not interfere with laser delivery to the treatment area.

This substitute is exponentially cheaper than using any other cooling method I know of, and renders almost any laser treatment virtually painless.

Eye shields are always more desirable for patients than goggles. Never use glasses on patients- only goggles or eye shields.

Mickey A. Couvertier, CBET, CLRT
President & Senior Technician
CRC Biomedical Services
http://www.crcbiomedical.com
ph. 202-321-9947  em. mickey@crcbiomedical.com

Wed Dec 24 2014Reply from enghasen

Dear sir

did you have the service manual for the gentlelase ??

kindly if u have it send it to me by this mail

h.alrashdan88@yahoo.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree