Thu Aug 22 2013

Logiq 400 Scsi error device 0,0 code 20166

Logiq 400 machine giving Scsi error device 0,0 code 20166, if i disconnect the HD ,then there is no display on screen its totaly white, looking help , does it mean that HD is gone bad,or does it mean there that software gone bad. can any one help with the software to re-install...thanks advance..sunnytek_engr@yahoo.com ,

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Thu Aug 22 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

The code is for Hard drive failure. Try replacing the connection cable. Check the power supply for correct voltages. If this does not work you will need to replace the hard drive. Hope this helps

Thu Aug 22 2013Reply from Ron Morey

Sunnytek, As previously stated the error indicates HDD failure. The drive will have to be ordered from GE if the HDD has actually failed. We have set up a bench to read HDD and to clone or reload drives. The error displayed only indicates that the HDD is not communicating. The drive is under the keyboard. Some machines use a SCSI to IDE adapter and some connect directly. All cables etc have to be checked. On the positive side the drives are less than 1GB. If you connect a PC as a terminal you may be able to read the drive files depending on the failure. The drive is custom formatted. We have not been able to find the exact low level format type. It is not Windows, MSDOS, CPM or Unix. The software for the Logiq series is written in an old software called Venus which is similar to Unix. That is as far as we have gotten. If you do find out how to reformat the drive please let me know. Otherwise the HDD preloaded is anywhere from $400 to $560 on the ones we have checked prices. I would go to GE. I have had numerous offers of used drives for almost the same price. All the best, Ron.

Thu Jan 14 2021Reply from Tee-Y

I also experienced this error and after some time the screen and keyboard went blank. What could make screen go blank? 

Thu Jan 14 2021Reply from Tee-Y

I also experienced this error and after some time the screen and keyboard went blank. What could make screen go blank? 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree