Tue Sep 24 2013

Vivid S5 ultrasound, software copy

Vivid S5 Ultrasound machine,  1- service manual requires.2-Moslty problem comes that when we sw on the machine , after self test it gives error " no Probe" then company engineer comes and with the help of USB he enters some software then machine start normal working, but just on next day,again same problem error comes, "no probe" this practice going from last 4 months,help needed if some one have solution of this problem. 3- how i can make copy backup of this machine so that if same problem comes i can re-install the copy , help needed in this regards. thanks for all- 4- when machine error comes that "NO Probe" at that time i checked the details from machine "About" and i saw that all modules their locations, P/N, Revisions, S/N are given but at last Power supply module was having no P/n, No Revision, No S/N..it is just like yyyyyyy,  yyyyyyy,,...thanks for all

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Tue Sep 24 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

Seems like hes just reloading software. So does the problem occur when the probe is plugged in? Does the problem occur still when theres no probes attached? Try reseatting the probe interface board. They tend to come loose after being pluged into so many times. Look at where you plug the probes into and check to see if theres any damage to the pins. Try swapping probes with another machine and see if anything different happens. Usually the software and back up is underneath the side covers. There should allways be a backup onsite.

Tue Sep 24 2013Reply from gi

Thanks Gantry , taking interest and giving time, yes it was tried many times to check probes, system sw on with probes, and then without probes, then yes i do also to re-seatting the boards, but once problem accors then all tries were useless untill agent comes and he re-installs software or some key (as he told that i re-install mater key, which u people loose by using mis-hanlde). this practise is done at least 4-6 times in 7 days. he also advised to change the power supply module.

2- if i want to get back up then how the complete process can be done, plz guide for software backup.

3- it is requested for service manual for VIVID S5 system, if some one can help with the service book.

Wed Sep 25 2013Reply from Abdul Qayum

There is a Digital Supply(3.3Volt digital)in power supply module.This supply is not properly working & and you are facing a problem with probes connectivity.I suggest you that disconnect the power supply module from the machine.Re-sold the some dry sold points on the soldering side of the PCB supply module.Also check the input & output connectors of the power supply.I think there is loseness in connectors & may be some dry sold.After this connect the module to the machine & check the status.If error is occurs again,then call to the agent & again the software from USB(dongle).I think your problem will be solve.

Wed Sep 25 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

I am not sure about the specifics of creating a back u for this system. Here is a link to Ge's documentation library that has the manual. http://apps.gehealthcare.com/servlet/ClientServlet?REQ=RNEW&MODALITY=US.  Also I don't understand why the service tech keeps coming out and reloading the software other than for a quick fix and easy money. Just because he does not want to leave the system info and back up is not his choince and he is not being complaint with the fda. I would call Ge and explain to them about your situation with the tech. Have your serial# and system ID ready. Explain to them to comply with the FDA AIAT.

AIAT plain and simple – This acronym is used by the FDA and stands for Assemble, Install,

Adjust, and Test. Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 1020 is the Performance

Standards for Ionizing Radiation Emitting Products. Section 1020.30 covers the information to

be provided to assemblers by the OEM at their cost. OEMs have a responsibility to supply all the

information needed in order to comply with these standards. Assemblers have the responsibility

of obtaining it and following it when assembling, installing, adjusting, or testing equipment. If

any part of this requires a password to complete, the OEM must provide it. - hope this helps

Wed Sep 25 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

Side note. In my opinion all service manuals, backups and software should be left onsite. Techs to many times take the software off site and when they switch jobs, roles or are on vaction. The sw is not available for other techs to complete the job. This is a really bad habit to get into and causes many problems down the road. Sometimes people just need to get over it and leave the stuff where it belongs.... well thanks for reading my rant.

Thu Sep 26 2013Reply from gi

VIVID S5 Serial number= 050254VS5N Ref No-FN000060 2010-7, machine was purchased 2010,(New) and now problm giving that No probe error, today engineer came (last time he always re-install the dongle key) he said now this machine power supply is damaged and software does work, so new power supply is to be replaced...but we get back our machine, and waiting for some advice from u,,thanks and regard,,if some one plz provide software for this machine.

Fri Sep 27 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

Quote Abdul Qayum

There is a Digital Supply(3.3Volt digital)in power supply module.This supply is not properly working & and you are facing a problem with probes connectivity.I suggest you that disconnect the power supply module from the machine.Re-sold the some dry sold points on the soldering side of the PCB supply module.Also check the input & output connectors of the power supply.I think there is loseness in connectors & may be some dry sold.After this connect the module to the machine & check the status.If error is occurs again,then call to the agent & again the software from USB(dongle).I think your problem will be solve.

You could suggest to the tech trying this method before replacing the power supply. Also you can cotact GMI about getting software and further troubleshooting here's their web site link http://gmi3.com/. Also if the power supply does need to be replaced ask the tech if they would install the part for free sicnce they have been out to your site several times for the same issue. If they keep comin out for the same issue that should indicate to everyone that there's is more of an issue then just reloading software. Ask to speak with the techs manager about the issue.

Sat Sep 28 2013Reply from gi

I find the application Sw Version= 10.1.1 build 101 Part No.2424636,  Tue oct, 20, 2009  and system Sw- version 3.0.10 part no.R2424461 + FC200821-09 built date 2007-12-02, this was noted from the ultrasound machine, after much struggle i also found a CD, which cantains same software, now power supply module was opend and yes found some dry joints, so i re-sold them, now what to do next, may i call again service engineer from agent company , or may i re-install software with help of CD, or i have to make 1st USB copy from this CD, waiting for a good advise. thanks in advance.

Sat Sep 28 2013Reply from Abdul Qayum

Sir,

Now you can connect the power supply to the machine.And check the status.If error is displaying,turn off the machine and call to agent.You can say to the agent that kindly Re-install the software from USB(Dongle).I think your problem will be solved.I am "salute you" for this great struggle.

Abdul Qayum.

Sat Sep 28 2013Reply from gi

Dear Abdul Qayum,, i have CD with applicaion sw and system sw, i want to clear this thing tht, USB (Dongle key) is some thing other software, or it is the same which is provided with CD., and if i make this Cd into USB , will it work in place of that with agent angineer usb...thanks for you coments. ..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree