Thu Nov 21 2013

Timekeeper Ram Replacement

If you have a TimeKeeper RAM failure you will see the monitor show no progress after the second bar of the boot-up process. It may also indicate a BBRAM failure. If this is the problem you are seeing then the following is the solution.

You will need to replace the Timekeeper RAM IC that is located on the CPU. Some units use a RAM IC with a separate battery, most use a RAM with a built in battery. These IC’s are physically taller than a standard memory IC. Usually the TimeKeeper is a Dallas semiconductor IC. It is a socketed IC and is very easily changed. If you remove this IC the system ID and date will have to be reset even if the IC is still good. There is a lithium battery that provides the RAM backup. With age this battery will fail and the system ID and date will be lost. That is indicated by the program not booting past the second bar on the monitor. You can select whatever numbers you would like for the System ID. I recommend that you use the serial number. This will make it easier for anyone else to work on the system. It will also allow you future servicing should you lose the number.

Information provided by Ron M., IMED program, FH Canada

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Tue Aug 16 2016Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

Hi Zeshan,

I would advise posting your question to the product page forum. This will certainly generate more responses than on the PM thread.

Click here to post your question.

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Tue Jan 26 2021Reply from TECNOMEDICS
TECNOMEDICS

Thank you for the information. MedWrenchManager Engineer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree